When working from home, having a workspace that helps you get creative and motivated is really important. Just as having a messy workspace can make you feel like you are in chaos, a tidy space can make you feel inspired, and can breed productivity.
3 Steps To Creating Your Dream Space:
- Choose a colour scheme which will help you feel relaxed as well as motivated.
- De-clutter, keep your space as organised and as clear as possible.
- Add inspirational elements like a favourite quote or your fave #girlboss book.
What To Avoid:
- Not enough storage; make sure you have plenty of shelving and storage for all your files and folders and keep your desktop clutter and stress free.
- Trends that may not be around for too long; buy decor you love, not just because its the latest in-thing!
- Direct sunlight, you need your screen or workspace facing away from the window ideally, or invest in some decent blinds to help filter the light on bright sunny days.
Most of all, you need the space to work for you, theres no point in creating a beautiful space thats not usable, it needs to be as functional as it is pretty. You don’t have to be spend thousands, places like Ikea and Homesense are great for office furniture and accessories and you can slowly add extra features as you go such as lamps etc.
Small changes every few weeks, like moving around your shelving or adding a new quote will make you feel refreshed and love the space all over again.
There are no rules, just experiment and find what works for you, if you find your bright, canary yellow feature wall helps you keep inspired then great. For me greens and greys are my favourite colours, but my husband loves orange.
His Marvel figures get his creative juices flowing, whereas I love my black and white print of Marilyn Monroe, the way the photographer uses the light inspires me to take beautiful images. We share our office, so we have divided it into different sections, to each add our own personal style and touches.
So create the right space for you, not the space that will get the most Instagram likes!